Tuesday 19 June 2012

Noteworthy Sounds..

Tuesday 19. June.


Here's a little secret about me...I love musicals and musical TV shows. 
Chicago. Hairspray. Beauty & The Beast. Calamity Jane.The Little Mermaid. Enchanted. Grease. The Lion King. Glee. Smash.


I like them all. Its not that I want to be preforming on them, although lets be honest we all dream of it sometimes. To be up on stage or on TV singing a happy little song about being 'Under The Sea' or a song about murder; He Had It Coming or even just a popular song that we love; Firework. Since here in England, Glee has just ended, right now I'm all about the latest US musical export; SMASH; the songs, the story, the actors are all awesome. What I love about it is it combines my love for a guilty musical pleasure with drama and a brilliant story of Marilyn. As in Monroe. The musical is telling the story of Marilyn Monroe while the show is about two aspiring stars, including Katherine McPhee if you don't know who this is...look her up. This show is a serious guilty pleasure and I love it! Watch the show and tell me what you think of it! Katherine McPhee's version of Florence & The Machine's Shake It Off, is just wonderful. 



Tell me your thoughts on SMASH or any of the other musicals/shows mentioned. Also tell me your favourite, especially if I didn't mention it. I love being introduced to new musicals! 


lovelovelove -b

No comments:

Post a Comment