Monday 18 June 2012

family...

Monday, June, 18. 


Hey y'all, 
I'm sorry its been so long. I really need to get better at this blog thing don't I. 


Whats been happening with me? Well firstly I had my birthday and obviously I was busy for most of may. This month I've had visitors staying with us from Jacksonville, Florida. Although they spent the whole sick while they were here, it was lovely to catch up and see them. Having them here meant we spent a lot of time talking about family. It got me thinking that really family is a strange thing. There's people in your family that you never even see. Its funny how you can go through your whole life not even knowing people in your own family. Sometimes it doesn't matter, but what if it does? 


As an adult you get to make your own decisions about who you chose to see and who you don't. But as a child you do what your parents tell you. Mostly its for the best. Sometimes you wonder if you should be allowed to see people they tell you, you don't want to see. As a kid I certainly thought I knew best and that I knew exactly what I wanted, but I have to tell ya. I'm glad my parents brought me up the way that they did and protected me as fiercely as they did. 


Thanks to them I am a strong young woman, who knows what she wants and also how to get it. I fight for those I love and I will always trust my instincts. I thank them for bringing me up this way and for protecting me from people and things that I didn't need in my life. 


lovelovelove -b 

No comments:

Post a Comment